Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Build a Stormraven Part 04: Magnetized!

Part 4 of To Build a Stormraven, I show how I magnetize the wings.   I used Sabol Design Army Transport carrying cases to move my armies around and when fully assembled the Stormraven will only fit into GWs Monstrous carrying case and I didn't want to have to spend $70-80 bucks on that.  So I decided magnets were my only choice.  Luckily, it was pretty easy to magnetize the wings on this thing.  As you can see below, there are slots where the wings attach to the main body.   I just did a little filing and the magnets slid right in.



For the wings themselves I just glued them to the inside grove corners like below.



The only other thing I had to do was file down the edges of the wing attachment area because the top intake vent wasn't sitting quite flush to the main body of the vehicle.   But after about 5-10 minutes of filing it was fitting snuggly.   Now i have a Stormraven I can take apart and carry around with me, nice!

Next up, we start painting the black areas and paint the details for the cockpit and top turret...

No comments:

Post a Comment