Friday, May 4, 2012

Images from Berks Spring Assault 3

Hey, I finally got my picts ready to show from Berks Spring Assault 3.   Overall I had a blast this year.   The venue was MUCH improved with plenty of space for 40 tables.   There were almost 80 players total which was a resounding success.   I didn't do so well myself (my list was more what I could get painted well in time heheh), but I did play against some very cool people.   I really like the fact that sportsmanship is a major part of scoring and it really reflected in the games I played.  Everyone was very cool and fun to play against.

Prize support was awesome as usual.  First off there was a "chinese" auction where you got raffle tickets for participating.  You could also purchase more tickets to increase your chances to win as well.  The top prize was a Citadel Realms of Battle gaming board with various books, custom terrain and 40k boxes available to choose.  I won a Necron Triarch Preatorians/Lychguard box which will obviously hint on an upcoming army for me heh.

The main prizes were even better.  The top 3 overall won their pick of a prize PLUS a case from KR multicase.   I got 3rd place in the army painting/appearance competition and picked up a Necron Ghost Ark/Doomsday Ark kit to add to my new Necron collection.  Overall Brave New Worlds did very well too:  Sam from BNW got 4th place with his Pedobear Imperial Guard, Kung Fu Dave won best Space Wolves for his purple puppies, Phil won best Dark Eldar army, also Derek won a Golden Grot award for his mounted Demon model.

Overall, it was a very good turnout.  There weren't TOO many Grey Knights players and there was a good diversity of armies.  Steel Thunder Mike is planning on expanding and having a Forgeworld legal tournament this fall as a replacement to Ard Boys as well as a "Winter Assault" this december that will also be a fund raiser to help fight cancer.  I know I will definately be participating in both, it'll be a good excuse to buy a Contemptor for my Blood Angels heheh.

Anyway here are some picts:


Trophy for my 3rd place best appearance award with prizes below:



Derek battling with his Grey Knights



Kevin and his Space Marines



Kevin, Sam and Phil "strategerizing"


 
 Opy and Rich from the Turn-8 podcast


Opy's Eldar army on his glorious new Turn-8 themed x-board display board



Phil in a Dark Eldar vs Dark Eldar match



4th place Sam dominating with his Pedobear Imperial Guard



 Scott and Kung Fu Dave have a Necron vs Space Wolves battle



Marc "Can a Brotha get a Six?" Smith's Woodland Ranger Space Marines

No comments:

Post a Comment